Being fit is something that everyone wants. While everyone starts with being motivated and pumped up about starting a fitness routine, staying that way is the biggest hurdle that each one of us has faced.
While some people persevere, a lot of them need an extra helping hand at being motivated and not falling off the wagon.
One of the best ways to stay motivated on your fitness journey is by setting goals and trying to adhere to it. Different people have different ways of setting goals for themselves. While some people set a target weight to reach, some others buy clothing in a smaller size and strive to fit into it, while still others idolize celebrities who are fit and strive to become like them.
An easy way to stay on track while on a fitness journey is to build accountability, by having a buddy to motivate and help you through every step.
A wearable fitness tracker plays the role of a buddy. While a fitness tracker by itself will not get the user to get fit and lose weight, it helps by pushing the user to get up and get moving.
Here are 7 ways in which a fitness tracker can help you meet your fitness goals:
- It is very easy to set targets on the device: It is possible to set daily, weekly and monthly targets, track progress, compare and compete with other people on the same journey.
- It encourages you to achieve and surpass your goals: Psychologically, a human brain is conditioned to meet targets when numbers and statistics are displayed in a way that is visible all the time. Fitness trackers make use of this fact to help push people to meet their set targets. When you meet your goals, and even surpass them, it brings a sense of accomplishment and encourages you to do more.
- It helps you become accountable: An incomplete target can work at making you accountable. Seeing visible proof that you are yet to achieve a target appeals to the competitive nature of humans and encourages you to reach your goal.
- It gives you insights into your progress: A wearable tracker keeps a record of all your statistics and goals and shows progress in real time. Seeing the progress will push you to achieve more.
- It tracks your heart rate: When the heart beats at a higher rate, it indicates that there is more work being done, and more calories are being burnt. It is an indicator of your cardiovascular health.
- It tracks your sleep: While exercise and nutrition are important aspects of a fitness journey, sleep is also equally important. Lack of sleep can have adverse effects on health. By tracking your sleep, a fitness tracker gives you insights on how to improve your sleep cycle.
- It is portable and easy to wear and maintain: Wearable devices allow you to take your fitness goals with you wherever you go. With a fitness tracker, a vacation will not become an excuse to bring your fitness journey to a halt. A fitness tracker requires almost no maintenance, except regular charging once in a few days, making it a perfect partner to your fitness journey.
A fitness tracker does not serve to just track the number of steps that you take on a daily basis, but also helps with the other aspects of your fitness and weight loss journey, by helping you to set exercise and nutrition goals, track them and reach your target by encouraging and motivating you.